39th Annual North Canton YMCA July 4th Race.
This annual event takes place in the heart of North Canton, Ohio and bring thousands of people downtown. The race begins and ends at the YMCA, located directly across from the historic Hoover building, and is run down Main Street. For registration information please visit http://www.ymcastark.org/4th-of-july-race
Be sure to share your pictures using #NorthCanton4th and look for the Snapchat filter!
10 Fun Facts, North Canton YMCA July 4th Race
- Longest-running race in Stark County – 39 years
- Oldest runner is 89 year old Marty Jacobson
- One family comes EVERY year for it — from UTAH
- Party in the Park – the event is enhanced by community businesses offering activities: Kids tent, pets, face painting, crafts, etc.
- Dancing in the Street – the music and dancing continue until the Jaycees Parade comes down the Main St.
- Specific wheelchair division in the 5-mile
- Ron Russell Award is a special award given to a race participant who has persevered through hardship
- Firecracker Dash for kids 6 & under (little sprint down Main St)
- Family tradition for many, with multiple generations participating each year
- The Shadow Walk is a special event, tied to the race, for our Special Populations participants – those who have physical limitations, Parkinson’s Disease, or who participate in our Living Strong, Living Well Cancer Exercise Class
Bonus fact: The BEST RACE TEAM and VOLUNTEER TEAM of ANY race…Hands-down
Sanctuary Marketing Group is a proud sponsor of the 39th Annual North Canton YMCA July 4th Race.