At Sanctuary we're always looking for great people to add to our team. We are currently hiring for the following position.
Ohio WordPress Developer
Front-end development: 2 years (Required)
CSS: 2 years (Required)
WordPress: 2 years (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Collaborate with a full team of marketing specialists to develop WordPress websites that meet client goals
- Participate in the discovery process to research, plan and budget the technical aspect of functionality requests and needs for new and existing client projects
- Build responsive page templates based on approved strategy and design comps
- Provide support for a variety of existing websites across various technologies
- Routine maintenance and testing of websites and hosting environments
- Establish and maintain best practices in website development
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Maintain and implement security best practices
- Work closely with account managers and other specialists to ensure timely delivery of deliverables and projects
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of industry changes and implications, technology evolution, and best practices
- Work directly with leadership on technological initiatives and projects as needed
- 2+ years building websites or web applications
- Working directly with a team and clients to meet specific goals
- Building customized WordPress themes and plugins
- Key languages: PHP, JS, HTML, and CSS
- Additional technologies: jQuery, SASS/SCSS, WooCommerce, Gutenberg, Beaver Builder, React, Vue, MySQL, Laravel, and Git
- Collaborative nature with the ability to work independently to complete a project with a given direction
- Curiosity to learn new technologies in the WordPress ecosystem
- Ability to consult, collaborate on, analyze, and present complex information to clients and our internal team
- Ability to lead the team toward new technological initiatives and improvements
Nice to have:
- Experience with eCommerce platforms (WooCommerce, Shopify)
- Experience working with Git, SSH, and DevOps
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Invision, and/or Photoshop
- Experience customizing and extending page builders (Beaver Builder, Gutenberg)
- Experience with integrating tracking (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, HubSpot, social media, etc.)
Why work at Sanctuary:
- Hybrid Work Environment - Flexible in & out of office time & hours.
- Work from home (or remote) 3 days a week with in-office days designed for collaboration and team engagement.
- We don't track hours for billing! We track accomplishments.
- We are successful. Sanctuary Marketing Group is a fast growing company with 18 full-time employees working out of the Hoover Building in North Canton. SMG has been around for 16+ years. We have been awarded the Case Weatherhead School of Management’s Weatherhead 100 award four years in a row. This award recognizes the 100 fastest-growing companies in the state of Ohio.
- We’re very good at what we do. You’ll be part of the best Digital Marketing Strategy team in Northeast Ohio. We help our clients by creating and executing Digital Marketing Strategies that grow their business. We have a strong focus on ROI & proving the effectiveness of these digital marketing efforts. Work with smart people who love to learn and love to share great ideas.
- Compensation. Competitive wages, a generous allowance of paid holidays, and a tradition of rewarding individual results and sharing the fruits of company success.
- Work/Life Balance Focused. We know what it’s like when your kid gets sick, you need to sneak out to a baseball game, your doctor can only get you in at 10 a.m. or your furnace goes out and you’re waiting on service within a four-hour window. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself and your family. We just ask that you coordinate with the team to ensure client needs and expectations are met.
Our values are critical to our success:
Job type: Full-time:
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Digital Marketing: 2 years (Required)