The Canton Cemetery Association in Canton, OH, is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation established in 1859 serving Northeast Ohio with premier cemetery and burial services. While they are highly regarded locally, they didn’t feel that their outdated website was bringing in any leads and knew that a reimagined site could help them grow.
When two locally-respected businesses partner together, real results are a no-brainer.
Creating a user-friendly and conversion-focused website
Canton Cemetery Association prides itself on its team of family advisors who help customers know what their options are when it comes to putting a loved one to rest. They strive to provide value-priced services and to equip their customers with the knowledge to protect families from ever-increasing burial and funeral costs. However, their existing website was outdated and didn’t reflect their mission or their most up-to-date offerings. Without backend reporting in place, it was impossible for the team to measure real results from their website, but they didn’t feel it was helping them bring in leads.
After a period of research and discovery, the Sanctuary team presented a refreshed sitemap and plan for the new website that was focused on generating more traffic and leads from locals. We designed and developed a custom WordPress website easy for users to navigate and find what they need, while implementing features like a gallery and blog to offer potential customers more content to help them make a decision.
Tactics that we employed:
- Overarching website strategy backed by industry research and planning
- Sitemap creation based on extensive keyphrase research
- SEO via Yoast SEO WordPress plugin
- Conversion-focused design points to "Plan Ahead" consultation CTA
- Custom website design and photography to support the beautiful scenery of the cemeteries, one of their main differentiators (the history, beauty and dignity)
- Local SEO focus within website content, local schema, meta info, etc.
- Blog design and content creation
Additional Images and Our Results
- 3.9% goal conversion rate
- 114 goal completions/leads (average of 15 leads per month)
- 35 click-to-call leads
- 24 no-obligation consultation requests
- 39 contacts
- 60% of site traffic now generated by organic search