|We’re touching base a little earlier this week. We just wanted to remind you to do something this weekend that your future self will thank you for (Like Mark Zuckerberg tried to do this week.) That is all.|
NEWS AND TIPS
What you need to know:
- Facebook is now Meta.
- Mark Zuckerberg says The Metaverse will be “the next chapter for the internet.” Learn what that might mean for you and your company.
- The Metaverse is about to change everything.
- YouTube is going to host a week-long shopping event.
- Instagram rolls out some new features, including the ability to post from desktop.
- Reddit fancies itself as a “cultural radar,” according to its new report about social trends it’s seeing.
- SMS Marketing is big and Search Engine Journal is here with 15 trends you need to be aware of.
- Alphabet, the parent of Google, nearly doubled its profit from the previous quarter and posted its largest revenue increase in 14 years on the back of a strong digital ad environment. They’re printing money over there in Q3, bringing in $53.13 billion in advertising revenue.
- PayPal reportedly changed its mind about acquiring Pinterest after shareholders “balked” at a $40+ billion deal.
- Amazon has rolled out a ton of features for marketers, like display ads during Twitch livestreams, a brand lift tool, and ways to make audio ads more interactive.
- Economy/Business: The US budget deficit for the fiscal year ending in September was $2.8 trillion, according to the Treasury Department and the Office of Management and Budget. While it was the second largest on record, the deficit was lower than the $3.1 trillion of the previous year. “Today’s joint budget statement is further evidence that America’s economy is in the midst of a recovery,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said in a statement.
Facts and Figures
Advertising: US ad spending increased 10.2% during September 2021 compared to the same period in 2020, the US Ad Market Tracker from Standard Media Index shows, and digital rose from 48% of that market to 57%. (Source)
Text Messaging: There is a 98% same-day open rate for text messages. (Source)
Pinterest has 91.1 million US monthly active users, making it the third most popular social network in the country, just behind Instagram (118.9 million) and Facebook (179.5 million). Pinterest’s revenue grew 125% year over year to $613 million in Q2. (Source)
Email automation campaigns are among the top three tactics used by email marketers to improve performance. (Hubspot)
Year-end planning and report
|November is the time to really start thinking about 2022 before the holidays are upon us. We’re here to help you get the ball rolling with a no-obligation, FREE marketing planning consultation and ranking report.|
Let us show you where you stand—and where you can go in 2022. We can help you identify where you need to focus and invest so you’re working on the right things that move the needle.
Click here to schedule a time to chat with Tom.
Let’s connect on Facebook… err… Meta!
|Have we connected yet on social media? Well, we gotta say that you’re kinda missing out on some fun and informative stuff. Each week we’re there for you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and more.|
Get notified in real time about news, tips and the latest educational content. We’re ramping up the volume of our content in 2022 with a lot of exciting things, but you can immediately get the value of great content in your feed every week like this awesome video from Morgan Staples!
Click here to connect with us on Facebook (or visit the links below for more).
Get our newsletter in your inbox
|Viewing this online? Sign-up to receive all this great information and free content in your inbox. Sign-up here!|
Most Popular Articles
Seeing Favicons in Your Google Search Results? Here’s Why…
Have you noticed anything different in your Google Search results lately? Google added tiny favicon icons to its organic search results in January. It was…
Podcast Episode 35 – An overview of how Traction and EOS – The Entrepreneurial Operating System can help you grow your business (Part 1)
Today on the Academy we’re going to be giving you a summary of the book Traction by Gino Wickman. The book outlines a blueprint called…
Business Growth and Digital Marketing News & Tips 01-22-23
Don’t be afraid to invest some significant time and effort into your marketing strategy. Digital marketing doesn’t take place in a vacuum… You are entering…