|Happy Sunday! Since we’re all winding down for the year, we wanted to keep our last newsletter of the year tight and focused. Let’s be honest, there’s 8 work days before the end of the year and we ALL need to focus. We hope you had a great year of growth, and we thank you for connecting with us. We look forward to keeping you updated, informed and inspired in 2022!|
MARKETING AND GROWTH NEWS
What you need to know:
Instagram’s new chronological feed may not work how you expect.
Google’s new guide to user-generated content.
LinkedIn shares new insights into the Gen Z audience on their platform.
Rebranding might be on your to-do list for 2022. Check out this great guide.
Social media and the nine goals to keep your strategy on track.
Google has seen an uptick in reviews in 2021.
Instagram marketing trends you need to know in 2022.
Digital IP – How to protect yourself in 2022.
Facebook released a guide to help you promote your podcast.
Google’s Search Advocate John Mueller provides 57 insights that you need to know.
Social media – How to take a break this holiday season.
Pinterest predictions for 2022.
WHERE WE’VE BEEN
Q3 and Q4 Recap:
To close out the year, here is a recap and reminder of some of the big things that happened in the second half of 2021.
- Companies spent more than $1 billion on Olympic ads.
- TikTok overtook Facebook as the most downloaded app in the world.
- Instagram Reels can now be 60 seconds long.
- SpaceX partnered to display ads in space.
- We learned about a new marketing buzzword “shopatainment.”
- Amazon surpassed Walmart as the largest retailer outside China.
- Amazon also started quietly building a live audio business.
- Uber entered the ads business.
- Spotify was verified to be the most trusted platform for ads.
- Apple mail privacy protection was released and wreaked havoc.
- Search Engine Journal released their State of SEO report.
- The metaverse arrived and Facebook got a new name.
- Facebook also announced a $50 million fund for “responsible” metaverse research.
- Instagram said goodbye to IGTV.
- Covid-19 impacted customer service.
- Google told us to prepare for a cookieless future.
- Alphabet, the parent of Google, nearly doubled its profit from the previous quarter and posted its largest revenue increase in 14 years.
- Hubspot put together a list of 41 types of marketing that you can invest in.
- MOZ said that you need to invest in long-form content.
- Google rolled out the “November 2021 spam update.”
- Snapchat used augmented reality to host virtual stores.
- Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey stepped down.
- Economy: consumer confidence hit a 9-month low in November.
- US ad spending increased 10.2% during September 2021 compared to the same period in 2020.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
The Secret Sauce
Are you looking for one big nugget of advice to take into the new year that will guide your marketing efforts? Let Chris Auman tell you what he thinks the “secret sauce” is for growing your business organically online in 2022 and beyond. Click here.
Get our newsletter in your inbox
|Viewing this online? Sign-up to receive all this great information and free content in your inbox. Sign-up here!|
Most Popular Articles
Seeing Favicons in Your Google Search Results? Here’s Why…
Have you noticed anything different in your Google Search results lately? Google added tiny favicon icons to its organic search results in January. It was…
Podcast Episode 35 – An overview of how Traction and EOS – The Entrepreneurial Operating System can help you grow your business (Part 1)
Today on the Academy we’re going to be giving you a summary of the book Traction by Gino Wickman. The book outlines a blueprint called…
Business Growth and Digital Marketing News & Tips 01-22-23
Don’t be afraid to invest some significant time and effort into your marketing strategy. Digital marketing doesn’t take place in a vacuum… You are entering…