|Happy Sunday! We’re here for you again this week with the latest marketing news and tips to inspire! Here’s a quick thought for the coming week… sometimes you just need to say “no” to new ideas and ways to market your product. We should all probably agree to just say “no” to the new, and weird, Mac and Cheese ice cream.|
NEWS AND TIPS
What you need to know:
- Twitter is testing a feature called Communities, which lets users tweet to groups with a shared interest.
- Apple mail privacy protection and what it means to email marketers.
- Intuit, the company behind TurboTax and Quickbooks is acquiring MailChimp.
- Hootsuite says that the best time to post a TikTok is Tuesday at 7am.
- The Wall Street Journal’s Facebook Files has revealed the societal impacts of the social network.
- SEO Trends are always changing. If you feel like getting in the weeds of our world, jump right in with this article on the subject.
- The Washington Post launches a digital ad network.
- Testing and refining your marketing is critical. Do you know what A/A testing is?
- Search Engine Journal released their State of SEO report.
- The metaverse is here. Learn what marketers need to know about the future of search and social.
Facts and Figures
In 2021, the number of monthly US podcast listeners will increase by 10.1% year-over-year (YoY) to 117.8 million. (Source)
38% of consumers are familiar with the term “metaverse.” (Source)
Some 54% of business-to-business decision-makers spend more than an hour each week consuming thought leadership content, but 71% say less than half of that content provides valuable insights, according to the 2021 B2B Thought Leadership Impact Study from LinkedIn and Edelman. In addition, 55% of buyers will move on if thought leadership content doesn’t grab their interest in the first minute, and 63% think thought leadership content “is important in providing proof that an organization genuinely understands or can solve your specific business challenges.” (Source)
“Where to buy” and “near me” mobile searches have grown by over 200% in recent years. (Source: Think Google Report)
70% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing. (Source: Hubspot)
8 things that will improve your email marketing
|We believe in the power of email marketing if it’s used properly. That should include everything from properly setting up a double opt-in system to effectively writing content that actually drives traffic. Part of our mission here at Sanctuary is to help you learn how to use email marketing effectively, so here are several suggestions on how to improve your results. This is not a “best of” list or the final word on best practices, but a list of suggestions to jump-start your campaigns.|
1) Improve your opt-ins – converting clicks to customers.
Before you focus on any other issue, you need to build a decent list of subscribers with the goal of converting those subscribers into customers. How you do this is the big question and one that we’ll spend a lot of time on in the future. But right out of the gate, you need to focus your efforts on creative ways to get highly qualified and targeted subscribers to sign-up – that have actually granted permission to receive your emails.
The words “highly qualified” and “targeted” are key here. The last thing you want is a herd of freebie hunters scamming you out of your incentives – or worse – populating the list with addresses that you think are potential targets, just to find out that they could care less about your message or consider your efforts to be spam because you manually added their address to the list without their permission.
Memes in Marketing
Get our newsletter in your inbox
|Viewing this online? Sign-up to receive all this great information and free content in your inbox. Sign-up herhttps://www.sanctuarymg.com/academy/newsletter/e!|
Most Popular Articles
Seeing Favicons in Your Google Search Results? Here’s Why…
Have you noticed anything different in your Google Search results lately? Google added tiny favicon icons to its organic search results in January. It was…
Business Growth and Digital Marketing News & Tips 11-12-23
What's a key part of growing your organization? To grow, you must attract and engage the right people. We often refer to this as an…
Business Growth and Digital Marketing News & Tips 10-29-23
Social media is a place where people get together and share openly about things they like, things they don’t like and everything in between. If…