|Happy Sunday! We’re here to brighten your morning with a dose of marketing goodness and news. While we’re at it, we’d like to encourage you to have some laughs this week! Humor brings joy.|
NEWS AND TIPS
What you need to know:
- Your Google Business Listing Category: The primary category listed on your company’s Google profile carries more weight than any other category, so when it’s changed, it can have a large impact on rankings. Learn more about updates to your Google profile.
- Apple’s Spotlight is poised to take market share away from Google Search because searches bypass Google’s search engine entirely.
- TikTok overtook Facebook as the most downloaded app in the world last year, also beating WhatsApp, Insta, and Messenger, according to App Annie.
- Reddit announced last week that in Q2, it earned $100 million in quarterly ad revenue for the first time. That’s small potatoes compared to Facebook’s $28+ billion.
- Amazon has surpassed Walmart as the largest retailer outside China.
- Twitter is adjusting its redesign and custom font for better accessibility after user complaints.
- Snap debuted a tool on Tuesday that allows marketers to gauge the popularity of a given keyword or topic on its app. It’s called Snapchat Trends.
- Uber is entering the ads business.
- Shopify said it’s partnering with TikTok to add a tab for in-app shopping. The partnership reflects a new era of “social commerce.”
- New Girl Scout cookie just dropped: Adventurefuls. Why should you care? They look delicious and The Girl Scouts are masters of marketing. They say that the new cookie is an adventure for your tastebuds.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
Where does your website rank?
|You can start attracting potential customers and drive them to contact you with SEO. But first, let’s see where your website ranks and come up with a plan for optimization. Visit the link below to learn more about SEO and optimizing your website for keywords that drive leads and grow your business.|
Get started with a FREE ranking report today!
Psychology Behind Bonus Content
White paper or ebook downloads are nothing new, but it’s how you frame them that could make a big difference. Content Marketing Institute has an interesting article on what they call a “content upgrade,” which is a piece of gated content or some kind of resource that users can access as an upgrade or bonus that accompanies the content of the page that they’re on.
The idea of offering bonus content is that if you present people with resources on topics they’re actively reading about, you can position yourself as a vital resource and knowledge center while seeing conversion rates on key landing pages and blog posts climb!
Get our newsletter in your inbox
|Viewing this online? Sign-up to receive all this great information and free content in your inbox. Sign-up here!|
Most Popular Articles
Seeing Favicons in Your Google Search Results? Here’s Why…
Have you noticed anything different in your Google Search results lately? Google added tiny favicon icons to its organic search results in January. It was…
Business Growth and Digital Marketing News & Tips 5-21-23
At its core, content marketing is about providing a unique and unforgettable experience for your customers. It’s like hosting a dinner party at your home…
Business Growth and Digital Marketing News & Tips 5-7-23
As you review form submissions for the month, have you noticed an uptick in fake form fills or submissions that are clearly from bots? It’s…