As 2023 is coming to a close, the new year will bring new digital marketing challenges and opportunities as technology, tactics, and methodologies continue to advance and evolve at a rapid pace. To ensure success, it will be important for both in-house digital marketers and business owners to familiarize themselves with the evolving best practices and trends that continue to shape the world of digital marketing in the new year.
As businesses increasingly rely on digital platforms to connect with their target audience online, understanding these best practices and changes becomes paramount. We all must continue to improve and navigate through the complexities to gain a competitive edge.
With modern consumers becoming more discerning than ever before, personalization and striving to build strong relationships across the entire customer journey plays a vital role in capturing and keeping their attention amidst a deluge of information overload and options. Tailoring approaches, content, and experiences specifically to meet individual needs, all while leveraging data-driven insights will be instrumental in creating meaningful and profitable relationships with customers.
Going into the new year, here are just a few best practices that you should be considering.
MARKETING AND GROWTH NEWS
2024 Marketing Predictions:
We’re switching things up in this edition and focusing on some predictions, quotes and news that you’ll likely want to consider in 2024 and beyond.
- “One way to think of inbound marketing is to realize content is everything and everything is content.” (Source)
- “SEO is not just about keywords and backlinks anymore; it’s about understanding how people interact with conversational AI and ensuring your content aligns with these changing search behaviors.” (Source)
- “Personalization is no longer a bonus but an expectation.” (Source)
- “The dominance of video content is poised to continue shaping the future of digital marketing.” (Source)
- “AI tools are changing the way marketers research and create content, while also making it more important than ever to create meaningful, valuable, and personal content that stands out in the AI-generated noise.” (Source)
- “We’ve been talking about sustainability as a consumer trend for some time, but 2024 is likely to be the year marketers’ efforts will level up.” (Source)
- “Think outside the Search box.” (Source)
- 82% of internet users will be using social media platforms worldwide in 2024, and the number is expected to reach more than 4.4 billion by 2025. (Source)
- “Don’t just look at the return on investment—consider the return on effort and time.” (Source)
- “Marketers have realized the immense value of data in understanding customer behavior, preferences, and market trends. Data-driven decision-making allows businesses to make informed choices based on evidence rather than guesswork or intuition.” (Source)
- “Customers are re-evaluating and reassessing their marketing stacks from top to bottom, or considering new technology like customer data platforms. Companies are prioritizing anything they can do to get closer to their customers and get insights from data. (Source)
- “Minimalism in graphic design continues to reign supreme.” (Source)
- “Cultivate a sense of community around your brand. Encourage user-generated content, engage with your audience on social media, and foster meaningful conversations.” (Source)
- “Email marketing isn’t dead or dying – but it is evolving (quality over quantity).” (Source)
- “Consumers are becoming increasingly conscious of their digital footprint, and governments worldwide are tightening regulations. In parallel, consumers have started to engage less with companies they don’t trust or don’t perceive as transparent.” (Source)
More business & economy news:
- “Americans are hopeful the Federal Reserve can achieve a so-called soft landing for the U.S. economy in 2024.” (Source)
- “The investment bank forecasts the world economy to expand 2.6% next year on an annual average basis, above the 2.1% consensus forecast of economists polled by Bloomberg. The U.S. is expected to outpace other developed markets again with estimated growth of 2.1%.” (Source)
- “Geopolitical risks will remain top of mind.” (Source)
Annual Business Planning and The Clarity Break
We’re well into the fourth quarter of the year, so today on the Academy we’re talking a little bit about strategic business planning. If you missed the previous episodes where we talked about our final, two-day process for planning, check out episodes 53 and 54 now.
There are different approaches to strategic planning and ours at Sanctuary is continually evolving. Today we wanted to talk about another part of it… it’s a not-so-well-known technique that you might want to consider in your process: the Clarity Break.
Have you missed our email and need to catch up on recent marketing and business news? We have a complete archive here.
Get our newsletter in your inbox
|Viewing this online? Sign-up to receive all this great information and free content in your inbox. Sign-up here!
Most Popular Articles
Seeing Favicons in Your Google Search Results? Here’s Why…
Have you noticed anything different in your Google Search results lately? Google added tiny favicon icons to its organic search results in January. It was…
Business Growth and Digital Marketing News & Tips 2-18-24
With the rise of artificial intelligence (AI), there is a new debate over whether to use a traditional agency partner or AI for website design…
Business Growth and Digital Marketing News & Tips 1-28-24
In the fiercely competitive world of business, it is widely acknowledged that keeping your existing customers is not only more cost-effective but also more lucrative…