Sometimes I step back and breathe a sigh of relief about what I do for a living. It really does seem that the future is bright. Barely a day goes by that I don’t hear about how having a website is essential for every business or that internet marketing spending is growing in leaps and bounds. Everything from social media to seo and mobile to conversion are all things that people are talking about and doing more of.
Checkout the TopRank Blog for many resources related to the future predictions of our industry.
Also, here are a few quick highlights from the recent Hubspot blog post 33 stats that paint a picture of the future of marketing.
- 84% of B2B marketers use social media in some form.
- Currently, marketers allocate 7.6% of their budgets to social media. CMOs expect that number to reach 18.8% in the next five years.
- 80% of mobile internet users would prefer ads relevant to them locally.
- 62% of adults under 34 are willing to share their location to get more relevant content.
- 49% of B2B marketers spend more time and resources on email than on other channels.
- 61% of marketing companies plan to increase their email marketing efforts in the next year.
- By 2014, over 40% of large complex marketing organizations will have developed a pace-layered application approach to integrated marketing.
- Worldwide mobile advertising revenue will expand 3.5X its present size by 2016.
- Email opens on smartphones and tablets have increased 80% over the last six months.
- 47% of marketing companies plan to increase their efforts in mobile apps in the next year.